Mission Clean Energy is seeking an Energy Markets Analyst, dependent on experience with utility-scale renewable energy projects, to join our rapidly growing company. Ideally, this position will be based in our San Francisco office, but remote work is an option for the right candidate. Our team members are located in various regions, including Arizona, California, Colorado, Florida, New York, Missouri, Washington, Washington DC, and beyond.
Mission Clean Energy (“Mission”) is a values-driven company with a commitment to accelerating the clean energy transition. Our aim is to decarbonize the grid responsibly, one renewable energy project at a time. Leading the way, we provide clean, abundant, and reliable energy to communities throughout the US. We take pride in our robust employee culture grounded in collaboration and transparency and are always on the lookout for innovative thinkers to help us achieve our ambitious growth and impact objectives.
About the Role
Mission Clean Energy seeks an Energy Markets Analyst to play an active role in helping our development team realize its goals. The primary responsibility will be to expand and market our company’s portfolio of solar and energy storage assets. This pivotal position encompasses extensive market-entry research, revenue analysis, and commercial support for various origination activities. The Energy Markets Analyst will report to the Head of Development.
This represents a unique opportunity to become part of a well-funded, exceptional team in a key role that will influence the company’s growth trajectory.
- Staying up to date with fundamental market conditions and drivers impacting the main energy markets in North America and monitoring their evolution (legal, regulatory, etc.).
- Develop a thorough understanding of the various incentives and market drivers for each state and RTO/ISO.
- Review IRPs and transmission plans to identify future opportunities.
- Assist in the creation of Areas of Interest (AOIs).
- Perform quantitative analysis using excel and industry software that combines technical considerations, economic factors, market rules, and regulatory/policy developments.
- Assist with financial analyses on project economics using excel based financial models.
- Work with consultants to incorporate revenue assumptions into the market and project financial models.
- Gather market intelligence and remain informed about renewable energy offtake opportunities and trends.
- Support customer account management, ensuring regular communication with customers and building relationships with market participants, as well as corporate and utility counterparts.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering, Energy Management, Finance, Business, or a related field. Master’s Degree a plus.
- 1-2 years in the renewable energy field, with a strong preference for individuals with solar and storage experience.
- Rigorous attention to detail with a commercial mindset and strong prioritization skills.
- Excellent research, analytical, and problem-solving skills with attention to detail.
- Strong research, communication, and organizational skills are a must.
- Professional and engaging disposition with counterparties/customers.
- Ability to succinctly communicate complex issues.
- Successful in navigating ambiguity in a fast-paced environment.
- Resourceful and accomplished research skills‐ability to effectively utilize publicly available materials.
- Results-oriented approach to all work product.
Mission offers highly competitive compensation. Our benefits package includes medical, dental, vision, and health insurance; 401(k) plan with company match; and generous time-off policies.
Compensation: $70,000-130,000 annual salary + bonus, depending on qualifications and relevant experience.
We seek a diverse candidate pool in this and every search. Mission Clean Energy is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.