Mission Clean Energy is seeking a Development Engineer with utility-scale renewable energy experience to join our rapidly growing company either remotely or at our office location in San Francisco, California. We offer a hybrid work environment and will consider remote locations for exceptional applicants. . Our team is located in Arizona, California, Colorado, Florida, Missouri, Montana, New York, Texas, Washington DC, and beyond.
Mission Clean Energy (“Mission”) is a values-driven company focused on accelerating the clean energy transition. Our mission is to decarbonize the grid responsibly, one renewable energy project at a time. We are leading the way by providing clean, abundant, and reliable energy to communities throughout the US.
Mission is a newly founded, well-capitalized company with an established leadership team that has worked together for several years delivering extraordinary results. We value our strong employee culture rooted in collaboration and transparency and favor innovative thinkers who help us reach our ambitious growth and impact goals.
About the Role:
The Development Engineer is responsible for supporting and managing all technical aspects of projects in development. The ideal candidate will be able to generate preliminary designs and PVsyst analysis, as well as coordinate and manage the activities of third-party vendors.
The Development Manager will report to the Head of Development.
This position is a rare opportunity to join a well-capitalized, outstanding team in a critical role that will shape the growth and future of the company. This is an ideal job for a deeply skilled person who wants to lead in an entrepreneurial environment while maximizing their impact on the clean energy transition.
- Lead and coordinate preliminary design, collection system, substation, and transmission design, as well as electrical and civil design basis of solar and battery projects
- Facilitate preliminary engineering design activities including geotechnical, hydrology, and topography
- Serve as technical interface and technical lead with our growing cross-functional group that includes representation from finance, engineering, GIS, real estate, permitting, transmission/interconnection, and revenue contract origination
- Manage 3rd-party engineering consultants. Collaborate externally and internally to support project development, with consideration of Mission technical specifications and lessons learned
- Coordinate design optimization and identify cost and other improvement opportunities
- Work closely with development and permitting functions to ensure designs meet permitting requirements
- Support developers and conduct development site visits to assess site constructibility
- Stay apprised of technology advancements and trends across the solar and storage industry OEMs (Original Equipment Manufacturer)
- Other duties as assigned.
The successful candidate must have utility-scale renewable energy experience, as well as the following experiences, skills, and attributes.
- Bachelor’s Degree in electrical (preferred), civil or mechanical engineering
- 3+ years of solar and/or battery project experience
- Strong understanding of photovoltaic (PV) and battery energy storage system technologies
- Familiarity with solar plant equipment including PV modules, inverters, and trackers
- Experience with PV tooling software is preferred (i.e PVSyst etc.)
- Requires diversified knowledge of relevant codes, standards, and engineering principles
- Experienced with various Microsoft and Engineering software, including Microsoft Project and AutoCAD
- Excellent communication skills to convey technical concepts to both technical and non-technical stakeholders
- Ability to effectively work remotely with minimal supervision
- Excellent people, entrepreneurial, organizational and analytical skills
- Ability to manage several projects and tasks simultaneously
- Highly motivated self-starter and good team player
- Experience reviewing civil, structural or electrical engineering design packages
- Bias toward action in decision making
- A valid driving license
- Ability and willingness to travel within the United States as much as 20% of the time
Mission offers highly competitive compensation. Our benefits package includes medical, dental, vision, and health insurance; 401(k) plan with company match; professional development assistance; and self-managed flexible work schedules and time-off policies.
We seek a diverse candidate pool in this and every search. Mission Clean Energy is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
To apply for this position, please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls please. US based applicants only. No recruiters, please.