Manager/Associate Manager of Real Estate
Mission Clean Energy is seeking a Manager/Associate Manager of Real Estate, with utility-scale renewable energy experience, to join our rapidly growing company. The position can be remote, or based out of our headquarters in San Francisco, California. Our team is located in Arizona, California, Colorado, Florida, Missouri, Montana, New York, Texas, Washington DC, and beyond.
Mission Clean Energy (“Mission”) is a values-driven company focused on accelerating the clean energy transition. Our mission is to decarbonize the grid responsibly, one renewable energy project at a time. We are leading the way by providing clean, abundant, and reliable energy to communities throughout the US.
Mission is a newly founded, well-capitalized company with an established leadership team that has worked together for several years delivering extraordinary results. We value our strong employee culture rooted in collaboration and transparency and favor innovative thinkers who help us reach our ambitious growth and impact goals.
About the Role:
The Real Estate Manager is responsible for identification of properties suitable for solar and battery development, real property negotiations, real property due diligence, and preparing the real property component of utility projects for development and financing.
The Manager/Associate Manager of Real Estate will report to the Associate Director of Real Estate.
This position is a rare opportunity to join a well-capitalized, outstanding team in a critical role that will shape the growth and future of the company. This is an ideal job for a deeply skilled person who wants to lead in an entrepreneurial environment while maximizing their impact on the clean energy transition.
- Lead real estate transaction activity, including identification and screening of acquisition targets and negotiation of real property options, leases and easements.
- Ensure the creation of appropriate land and transaction documentation and maintain orderly databases of key information.
- Keep the Associate Director of Real Estate, Development Staff, and Management up to date with regular reporting on site acquisition progress.
- Manage Renewable Energy Associates and site control campaigns and support real estate acquisition activities.
- Collaborate with Developers to commission title reports, mineral reports, ESA’s, and ALTA surveys.
- Prepare the real property component of development projects for financing and clear interfering title matters.
- Generate, manage, and report project specific budgets and schedules pertaining to real estate matters.
- Identify process improvements and implement enhanced business practices that increase efficiency, reliability and/or timeliness of the real estate function.
- Advise staff on any fatal flaws or issues that may prohibit site acquisition or development.
- Effectively elevate issues to the Associate Director of Real Estate as necessary.
- 2 direct reports, with potential for management growth as the team grows.
- Other duties as assigned.
The successful candidate must have at least 2 years of utility-scale renewable energy experience, as well as the following experiences, skills, and attributes:
- Highly personable, detail oriented, and a self-starter.
- Strong organizational, project management, and problem solving skills. Ability to structure work to meet project schedules and deadlines.
- Ability to prioritize tasks and juggle competing deadlines effectively
- Proficient in Google Earth and Microsoft Excel. Knowledge of SmartSheet or ArcGIS is a plus.
- Proven experience in negotiating real property transactions for utility scale solar and / or battery projects.
- Background in real estate fundamentals, including matters related to acquisition and title clearing.
- Ability to develop and maintain relationships with landowners.
- Strong oral and written communication as well as excellent analytical and commercial skills
- Ability to receive constructive feedback.
- A Bachelor’s degree is required.
- A valid driving license.
- Ability and willingness to travel within the United States as much as 30% of the time.
Mission offers highly competitive compensation. Our benefits package includes medical, dental, vision, and health insurance; 401(k) plan with company match; professional development assistance; and self-managed flexible work schedules and time-off policies.
Pay Range: $110,000 – $140,000 annual salary + bonus
We seek a diverse candidate pool in this and every search. Mission Clean Energy is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
To apply for this position, please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls please. US based applicants only. No recruiters, please.