Mission Clean Energy is seeking a Manager of Development with utility-scale renewable energy experience to join our rapidly growing company either remotely or at our office location in San Francisco, California. We offer a hybrid work environment and will consider remote locations for exceptional applicants. Our team is located in Arizona, California, Colorado, Florida, Missouri, Montana, New York, Texas, Washington DC, and beyond.
Mission Clean Energy (“Mission”) is a values-driven company focused on accelerating the clean energy transition. Our mission is to decarbonize the grid responsibly, one renewable energy project at a time. We are leading the way by providing clean, abundant, and reliable energy to communities throughout the US.
Mission is a newly founded, well-capitalized company with an established leadership team that has worked together for several years delivering extraordinary results. We value our strong employee culture rooted in collaboration and transparency and favor innovative thinkers who help us reach our ambitious growth and impact goals.
About the Role:
Mission seeks a Manager of Development, who will be responsible for driving the development of renewable energy projects, including managing project teams, overseeing project schedules and budgets, and working with stakeholders to ensure projects are delivered on time and within budget.
The Development Manager will report to the Head of Development and will work closely with our growing cross-functional group that includes representation from finance, engineering, GIS, real estate, permitting, transmission/interconnection, and revenue contract origination.
The Development Manager manages the day to day development tasks for a set of large and complex renewable energy projects throughout their lifecycle from initiation to construction. The Development Manager coordinates and reviews the work product of multiple development functions, consultants, technicians and others and is responsible for the execution and performance of complex multi-disciplinary projects with teams working across geographies.
This position is a rare opportunity to join a well-capitalized, outstanding team in a critical role that will shape the growth and future of the company. This is an ideal job for a deeply skilled person who wants to lead in an entrepreneurial environment while maximizing their impact on the clean energy transition.
- Work with the management to identify and prioritize target greenfield sites and acquisition targets for renewable energy opportunities by leading customer-focused, data-driven, multi-dimensional analysis incorporating input from cross-functional team members
- Manage interconnection process, land acquisitions, project permitting, and applications
- Coordinate and guide real estate/land acquisition on target greenfield sites
- Deliver development projects on time and on budget
- Coordinate and guide the broader development team in achieving project objectives
- Track project risk throughout the development cycle; provide risk assessments and mitigations to management
- Participate in the development of key account and utility relationships, support origination of contracts with such key accounts
- Develop proposal strategies, RFP processes or similar, and negotiate terms for vendors and consultants who participate in the development process
- Develop and maintain business relationships with key consultants and vendors
- Maintain and provide suggestions for project development tracking and reporting
- Other duties as assigned
The successful candidate must have utility-scale renewable energy experience, as well as the following experiences, skills, and attributes.
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher in business, planning, engineering, environmental or finance related fields
- 3-5 years of solar and/or battery project development experience
- Strong understanding of renewable energy markets and project lifecycle
- Demonstrated experience in land development, entitlement, permitting and interconnection
- Strong project skills including creating and managing project budgets and schedules
- Ability to manage and support multiple projects simultaneously, with varying complexities and urgencies presented day to day
- Ability to effectively work remotely with minimal supervision
- Excellent people, entrepreneurial, organizational and analytical skills
- Exceptional organization, attention to detail, and professional communication and presentation skills
- Proficiency in Google Earth, Excel, Powerpoint, and Smartsheet. Knowledge of ArcGIS a plus
- Demonstrated ability to manage and work effectively with cross-functional employee groups; we’re looking for candidates whose references will say they’re a great teammate
- Bias toward action in decision making
- A valid driving license
- Ability and willingness to travel within the United States as much as 25% of the time, or as required by project needs
Mission offers highly competitive compensation. Our benefits package includes medical, dental, vision, and health insurance; 401(k) plan with company match; professional development assistance; and self-managed flexible work schedules and time-off policies.
We seek a diverse candidate pool in this and every search. Mission Clean Energy is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
To apply for this position, please send your resume to email@example.com. No phone calls please. US based applicants only. No recruiters, please.