Mission Clean Energy is seeking a Real Estate Associate to join our rapidly growing company remotely or at our office location in San Francisco, California. We offer a hybrid work environment and will consider remote locations for exceptional applicants. Our team is located in Arizona, California, Colorado, New York, Montana, Texas, and Washington DC, and beyond.
Mission Clean Energy (“Mission”) is a values-driven company focused on accelerating the clean energy transition. Our mission is to decarbonize the grid responsibly, one renewable energy project at a time. We are leading the way by providing clean, abundant, and reliable energy to communities throughout the US.
Mission is a well capitalized company with an established leadership team that’s worked together for several years, delivering extraordinary results. We value our strong employee culture rooted in collaboration and transparency and innovative thinkers who help us reach our ambitious growth and impact goals.
About the Role:
Mission seeks a Real Estate Associate to help drive growth and execution on our rapidly expanding renewable energy and standalone storage pipeline. You will support an existing team of exceptional development managers, project developers, and associates to drive our volume of renewable energy and storage projects.The Real Estate Associate will report to the Associate Real Estate Manager.
The Real Estate Associate will assist with market analysis and research, site identification and acquisition, real property negotiations, real property due diligence, interconnection, permitting, and proposal preparation.
This position is a rare opportunity to join an outstanding team in a critical role that will shape the growth and future of the company. This is an ideal job for a deeply skilled person who wants to work in an entrepreneurial environment while maximizing their impact on the clean energy transition.
- Market and financial analysis
- Monitor regulatory requirements for renewable energy projects
- Conduct desktop searches for potential project sites using Google Earth
- Establish and maintain a site selection database
- Conduct outreach to landowners via mailers and/or phone calls.
- Assist with acquisition of options, leases, and easements with landowners
- Identify risks and corresponding mitigation strategies associated with transaction structures, title matters, and environmental conditions.Assist in developing a proactive client acquisition strategy
- Manage preparation of the real property component of development projects for financing by clearing interfering title matters, commissioning Phase I Environmental reports and ALTA Surveys
- Conduct preliminary permitting screening of sites with local jurisdictions and support the early stages of project permitting
- Analyze energy data and utility rates
- Support project permitting and interconnection
- Generate, manage, and report project specific budgets and schedules
- Must be highly personable self-starter
- Detail oriented
- Strong project management skills to maintain progress on multiple ongoing projects with multiple clients
- Ability to prioritize tasks and juggle competing deadlines effectively
- Proficiency in Google Earth and Microsoft Excel. Knowledge of SmartSheet or ArcGIS a plus
- An understanding of real estate acquisition contract terms and strong negotiation skills are a plus
- Strong analytical and commercial skills
- Ability to receive constructive feedback
- Exposure to the renewable energy industry is a plus
- A Bachelor’s degree is required
- Ability and willingness to travel within the United States as much as 25% of the time
Mission offers highly competitive compensation. Our benefits package includes medical, dental, vision, and health insurance; 401(k) plan with company match; professional development assistance; and self-managed flexible work schedules and time-off policies.
Compensation: $70,000-110,000 annual salary + bonus, depending on qualifications and relevant experience.
We seek a diverse candidate pool in this and every search. Mission Clean Energy is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.