Renewable Energy GIS Analyst II or Senior GIS Analyst
Mission Clean Energy is seeking a Renewable Energy GIS Analyst to join our rapidly growing company remotely or at our office location in San Francisco, California. We offer a hybrid work environment and will consider remote locations for exceptional applicants. Our team is located in Arizona, California, Colorado, New York, Montana, Texas, and Washington DC, and beyond.
Mission Clean Energy (“Mission”) is a values-driven company focused on accelerating the clean energy transition. Our mission is to decarbonize the grid responsibly, one renewable energy project at a time. We are leading the way by providing clean, abundant, and reliable energy to communities throughout the US.
Mission is a newly founded, well capitalized company with an established leadership team that’s worked together for several years, delivering extraordinary results. We value our strong employee culture rooted in collaboration and transparency and innovative thinkers who help us reach our ambitious growth and impact goals.
About the Role:
Mission seeks a Renewable Energy GIS Analyst to drive growth and execution on our rapidly expanding renewable energy and standalone storage pipeline. You will support an existing team of exceptional development managers, project developers, and associates to drive our volume of renewable energy and storage projects. The Renewable Energy GIS Analyst will report to the COO.
This individual will work at the direction of project development and engineering teams to support mapping, site identification and due diligence efforts of new sites, preliminary site design efforts, resource evaluation, grid interconnection and other aspects of solar energy and battery energy storage project development within North America.
This position is a rare opportunity to join an outstanding team in a critical role that will shape the growth and future of the company. This is an ideal job for a deeply skilled person who wants to work in an entrepreneurial environment while maximizing their impact on the clean energy transition.
- Conduct desktop searches for potential project sites using ArcGIS and produce results in Google Earth
- Clearly communicate results and findings to team members
- Establish and maintain databases of relevant screening datasets
- Obtain parcel data and other GIS data/layers from public and for-purchase data sources
- Coordinate with project developers to define key criteria for project site selection in various jurisdictions including parcel size, proximity to and characteristics of electrical infrastructure, topography, zoning, and environmental constraints, solar resource, wind and snow loads, etc.
- Visualize and analyze interconnection information, energy data and/or utility rates
- Run and maintain Mission’s Toolset in ArcGIS Pro using python
- Oversee design and coding of new tools and features
- Manage offshore support staff
- Generate maps for professional project portfolios
- Experience with drone imagery processing using software such as Pix4Dmapper a plus
- A Master’s degree in GIS related field
- At least 3 years or more GIS and mapping software experience. ESRI ArcGIS preferred
- Experience with spatial analyst tools, creating and editing features, manipulating large data tables; proficient in vector and raster data processing
- Proficiency in ArcGIS Pro, Google Earth and Microsoft Excel. Knowledge of Python, R programming language and/or SmartSheet
- Knowledge of geodatabases and web service architecture
- Have familiarity with land use, wetlands, threatened and endangered species, soils and other environmental constraints in order to assess the viability of land for solar power plant development
- Strong interpersonal skills to coordinate with multiple interdisciplinary teams
- Ability to work remotely or in person when needed
- Detail oriented
- Strong project management skills to maintain progress on multiple ongoing projects with competing deadlines effectively
Mission offers highly competitive compensation. Our benefits package includes medical, dental, vision, and health insurance; 401(k) plan with company match; professional development assistance; and self-managed flexible work schedules.
We seek a diverse candidate pool in this – and every – search. Mission Clean Energy is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
To apply for this position, please send your resume to email@example.com. No phone calls please. US based applicants only. No recruiters please.