Mission Clean Energy is seeking a Renewable Energy Real Estate Acquisition Specialist to join our rapidly growing company remotely or at our office location in San Francisco, California. We offer a hybrid work environment and will consider remote locations for exceptional applicants. Our team is located in Arizona, California, Colorado, New York, Montana, Texas, and Washington DC, and beyond.
Mission Clean Energy (“Mission”) is a values-driven company focused on accelerating the clean energy transition. Our mission is to decarbonize the grid responsibly, one renewable energy project at a time. We are leading the way by providing clean, abundant, and reliable energy to communities throughout the US.
Mission is a newly founded, well capitalized company with an established leadership team that’s worked together for several years, delivering extraordinary results. We value our strong employee culture rooted in collaboration and transparency and innovative thinkers who help us reach our ambitious growth and impact goals.
About the Role:
Mission seeks a Renewable Energy Real Estate Acquisition Specialist to drive growth and execution on our rapidly expanding renewable energy and standalone storage pipeline. You will support an existing team of exceptional development managers, project developers, and associates to drive our volume of renewable energy and storage projects.The Renewable Energy GIS Analyst will report to the COO.
The Renewable Energy Real Estate Acquisition Specialist is responsible for identification of properties suitable for solar and battery development, real property negotiations, real property due diligence, and preparing the real property component of utility projects for financing and development.
This position is a rare opportunity to join an outstanding team in a critical role that will shape the growth and future of the company. This is an ideal job for a deeply skilled person who wants to work in an entrepreneurial environment while maximizing their impact on the clean energy transition.
- Lead real estate transaction activity including identification and screening of acquisition targets, and negotiations for real property options, leases and easements
- Ensure the creation of appropriate land and transaction documentation and maintain orderly databases of key information
- Keep clients and internal staff up to date with regular reporting on site acquisition progress
- Manage associate support of real estate acquisition activities
Conduct outreach to landowners via mailers and phone calls
- Manage preparation of the real property component of development projects for financing by clearing interfering title matters, commissioning Phase I Environmental reports and ALTA Surveys
- Conduct preliminary permitting screening of sites with local jurisdictions and support the early stages of project permitting
- Generate, manage, and report project specific budgets and schedules.
- Identify process improvements and implement enhanced business practices that increase efficiency, reliability and/or timeliness of the real estate functions
- Advise clients and internal staff on any fatal flaws or issues that may prohibit acquisition or development
- Effectively elevate issues to Managers as necessary
- Must be highly personable self-starter
- Demonstrated attention to detail and contract drafting and review skills
- Strong organizational, project management and problem-solving skills and ability to structure work to meet project schedules and deadlines
- Ability to prioritize tasks and juggle competing deadlines effectively
- Proficiency in Google Earth and Microsoft Excel. Knowledge of SmartSheet or ArcGIS a plus
- 3-4 years of experience negotiating real property transactions
- Understanding of real estate fundamentals, including matters related to acquisition and title clearing
- Ability to develop and maintain relationships with internal and external clients, consultants and landowners
- Strong oral and written communication as well as excellent analytical and commercial skills
- Ability to receive constructive feedback
- A Bachelor’s degree is required
Mission offers highly competitive compensation. Our benefits package includes medical, dental, vision, and health insurance; 401(k) plan with company match; professional development assistance; and self-managed flexible work schedules.
We seek a diverse candidate pool in this – and every – search. Mission Clean Energy is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
To apply for this position, please send your resume to email@example.com. No phone calls please. US based applicants only. No recruiters please.